|San Diego Christian 4-2||39||37||76|
|Dec. 2, 2015|
|Claremont, CA (Rains Center)|
|San Diego Christian||Indv. Leaders||ClaremontMuddScripps|
|#05 DUNKLIN, Dalante - 22||Points||#44 Michael Scarlett - 23|
|#25 KLEKAS, Nathan - 9||Rebounds||#33 Shelby Lane - 12|
|5 Players - 1||Assists||2 Players (#15,#33) - 3|
|San Diego Christian||Team Statistics||ClaremontMuddScripps|
|44.8% (26 - 58)||Field Goals %||61.1% (33 - 54)|
|33.3% (6 - 18)||3 Point Field Goals %||30.8% (4 - 13)|
|66.7% (18 - 27)||Free Throws||33.3% (7 - 21)|
|16||2nd Chance Pts||12|
CLAREMONT, Calif. – Claremont-Mudd erased a 13-point deficit in the second half to complete the comeback and defeat SDC 77-76 Wednesday night.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: San Diego Christian 76 | Claremont-Mudd
Records: Hawks 4-2 | Stags 6-2
INSIDE THE GAME:
• Claremont-Mudd stormed out to a 13-4 lead in the first four minutes and 31 seconds.
• The Hawks would find life and respond with a 6-0 run to cut the deficit down to just three.
• A Nathan Klekas jumper with 5:10 remaining in the half gave SDC their first lead of the game at 26-24.
• Dalante Dunklin's 3-pointer near the halftime buzzer gave the Hawks their biggest lead of the first half at eight, 39-31. He finished with a team-high 22 points on 9-of-18 shooting.
• The Hawks led at the halftime break despite being outshot 58 percent to 46.
• Five straight points to open the second half saw SDC's lead increase to a game-high 13 as Trevor English completed the and-1 play (44-31).
• CMS retook the lead with just 1:50 remaining in the game as a pair of free throws by Michael Scarlett gave the Stags a 73-71 advantage. He finished with a game-high 23 points.
• After trading baskets on each possession, Trevor English gave the Hawks their last lead of the game at 76-75 with 35 seconds left.
• But a Nicolas Segura jumper with 12 seconds gave the Stags the lead and secure the win.
• Dunklin had a chance to win the game in the closing seconds but his shot was blocked.
• English, Klekas, and Mark Eden were also in double figures for the Hawks. Klekas brought down a team-high nine rebounds.
• CMS shot 61 percent from the floor but only 4-of-13 from beyond the arc. SDC went 26-58 from the floor (44.8 percent) and 6-of-18 from 3-point land.
STAT OF THE GAME:
• The Stags shoot a staggering 61 percent from the floor and SDC still had a chance to steal the victory.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
• Claremont has now won six straight games. The Hawks have lost their two games on the season by a total of five points.
• SDC will kick off GSAC play as they welcome Biola on Saturday. Tipoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at San Diego Mesa College.