Sports Medicine Clinic Guidelines
SAN DIEGO CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
Athletic Training Room Guidelines
- No athlete will practice or compete without pre-participation clearance from the team physician. Returners by Certified Athletic Trainer.
- No athlete will practice or compete without the following current information forms on file with the Head Athletic Trainer
§ Current, valid copy of insurance card (front and back sides)
- Physician Signed Medical History/Consent for Treatment
- Athlete Medical Profile
- Release of Information form
- Signed physical release from medical doctor (new only)
- Baseline ImPACT Test
- No Athlete will receive treatment unless appropriately signed in.
- Drinking water and water bottles will be filled and taken out to practice by the athletes and/or managers and they will also be responsible for their return. Loss of equipment will forfeit privileges.
- Equipment will not be removed from the Athletic Training Room without the permission of an AT.
- Athletes will arrive for pre-practice/game treatment at the minimum of 1 hour prior to practice/game. Exceptions will only be made on an individual basis. Taping – minimum of 45 minutes prior. All treatment and taping will cease 15 minutes before the start of practice.
- Those athletes needing preventive tape will also be required to participate in an ankle-strengthening program in order to continue taping treatment. Absolutely no exceptions!!!
- Any injuries/problems suffered by the athlete must be communicated to an AT in sufficient time prior to the next practice or competition. Delaying treatment could cause more damage!
- All medical appointments and treatments (including 2nd opinions) relative to athletic injuries must be cleared through the Head AT prior to scheduling.
- Instructions given by AT(s) regarding participation during an injury must be followed. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- If able, change into dry clothes prior to treatment.
- Absolutely no equipment or personal items in the Athletic Training Room including shoes, bags, books, phones, etc.
· No cell phones or I-pods in the Athletic Training Room.
- No loitering in the Athletic Training Room (only athletes needing treatment or evaluation will be allowed in).
- Absolutely no unauthorized use of rehab, athletic training equipment, tools, or supplies.
- Use common sense and courtesy to others in the Athletic Training Room.
- Abuse of Athletic Training Room will result in forfeit of such privileges.
- Doctors Clinic patients must shower and be in clean, dry clothes prior to their appointment.